Saturday, May 24, 2008

You are my music, while the music lasts

It is the holiday season, and the blogging spirit has been somewhat missing. As an afterthought, blogging spirit (BS) has been downright missing. Quite spurty, this BS, don’t you think?
Anyhow, I’ve decided to make this post a list. So, I suppose it could be called a list post. Or it could be called a list. Just a list. Well, here goes.

* I want a wild haircut. A wild, short haircut. I also want to get the ends coloured pink.

* I’ve finally forsaken my phone and nicked my dad’s spare handset, a Nokia 6300. Compared to my Nokia 5300, it is thiiin. I keep thinking that it’s going to slip through my fingers. It also smoothly slides into my pocket without making my ass look bigger than it is.

* Oh! Dad got me this from Dubai! Pwetty and nice smelling. He also brought lots of chocolates which I keep gorging on. I am going to join the gym from tomorrow.

* I have Wills Lifestyle vouchers worth Rs. 2000. I was excited about it until I went to the Theatre Road outlet and found (as you might have guessed) nothing! Everything was girly, frilly, flowery and well, basically stuff I would never wear. Sigh.

* According to standalone, I have discovered the joys of epilating. It is a convenient and almost painless way to remove unwanted hair! I want an epilator. I suppose I will have to change my status on facebook to the aforesaid, won’t I?

* Yesterday I went for Rendezvous with the Muse, a gig by Cassini’s Division, highlighting seven years of their music. Though I’ve been going for their gigs for some time now, I didn’t know quite a few songs they played. The older band members Dodo, on the drums and Pupu, on bass also played a few songs. For the people who have known them from the beginning, it must have been like the past revisited. But for me, the fact that they have a history I wasn’t a part of, is weird in a way I can’t explain. But on the whole the gig was brilliant, with Samita shedding light on the band’s past and how they’ve come to be what they are now.

* I’ve hiccupped (literally) my way through today. I’ve come to the conclusion that it is because of last night’s beer and vodka which dehydrated me. The body’s way of reminding me to re-hydrate myself, I suppose.

*The last book I read was Dinner For Two by Mike Gayle, a romantic comedy by a man (as you obviously know by now). I generally don’t read such books, but it seemed like it would be interesting to read about a ‘relationship on the rocks’ from a man’s point of view. The style of writing was light and humorous and quite enjoyable on the whole. The story line was realistic, but I felt it could have been dealt with better. Some of the characters had too superficial a role to play. Involving them a little more could have made it a better read. Overall, I’m not exactly dieing to read other books by him.

Just a note: I was not trying to write a coherent post. I was not trying to write an incoherent post either.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear spurty,
A rocky relationship from a man's perspective sounds disastrous right from the beginning! who asked u make such an attempt only to end up ridiculing the poor foolish man's already crappy reputation anyway??
ooh...i found ur whole idea of "this" with the hyperlink n all, supremely fasicnating! Ingenious...(i'm serious) (yea i face my phases of weirdness too)...
Wills lifestyle has some nice clothes!! Tut tut...u cudnt have looked properly...
And despite being duly aware of the fact that my present alias sounds uncannily like an idiotic pop song...u dint take me to MP todayyy!! *wallowing in self pity*....

Anonymous said...

sowwy...i posted the same comment on "everything fades away"...by mistake! ;-p

Anonymous said...

You mentioned me! I'm FAMOUS!! *swoons*

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Wandom Wamblings’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Anonymous said...

hey...
i just chanced upon your blog and i have to say this.. your writing style is uncannily similar to this other blog i'm an avid reader of:

www.thecompulsiveconfessor.blogspot.com/

apart from that... u write well :)

Al Walling said...

hahhaaa

i liek ur flow.

cool post.

lukin forward to updates.

^_^